Here’s What You Need To Start Your Own Walking Program
Make a Commitment To Warrior Walk
If there is truly one thing required of a Warrior Walker, it is Commitment !!!
You may ask, Commitment to what?
- Commitment to the ideals of a Warrior Walker (honesty, integrity, joy for life, etc.)
- Commitment to get up each and every day with the intent to Warrior Walk
- Commitment to go forth each and every day and Warrior Walk
- Commitment to want to improve your life and a willingness to put forth the effort necessary to do so; and lastly
- Commitment toward making the world a better place for all of us to live
What Is A Warrior Walker?
A Warrior Walker is a person who seriously engages in the sport of Warrior Walking.
Warrior Walking is a system wherein one gains knowledge, wisdom and health, by experiencing the internal struggles and joys resulting from finding one’s own path and walking it.
Warrior Walking is a philosophy of life. In short, it’s a way of living.
You can read more about Warrior Walking by CLICKING HERE.
Use Common Sense
- Don’t walk at dangerous times, such as too late at night or too early in the morning.
- Don’t walk in unsafe areas or on unsafe roads (walk in pedestrian friendly areas).
- Don’t overdo it. It took me more than a year to build up to walking 5 hours per day. I started out walking 30 minutes per day for 4 or 5 days a week. Give it time.
- Don’t go petting strange dogs and strange animals. You might get bit (or worse).
- Wear appropriate clothing (light clothing at night is excellent because it makes it easier for you to be seen).
- Get your doctor’s approval.
- Get plenty of rest.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Eat a healthy diet.
REMEMBER – THESE ARE EXAMPLES!!! THIS IS NOT INTENDED TO BE AN ALL-INCLUSIVE LIST.
Basic Equipment Needs
We’ve put together a list of basic equipment needs that you can find by CLICKING HERE.
Optional Equipment Needs
CLICK HERE for a list of some optional equipment you don’t need, but you may want to get.
Where Can You Walk?
You can walk virtually anywhere, at virtually any time.
Places where I have warrior walked are:
- My neighborhood;
- Public streets;
- Hiking trails;
- Shopping malls;
- Gyms (treadmills and tracks);
- The treadmill at my house.
Where you warrior walk is usually a function of what’s the most convenient, the weather and your own personal preferences.
The key is to pick a time and place to warrior walk that is convenient for you and that you will enjoy. You also need to have contingency plans in the case of bad weather, going out of town for business or vacations, etc.
The trick is to be prepared.
Why Should You Warrior Walk?
There are several reasons why one should become a Warrior Walker.
The three main reasons are:
- Peace of Mind;
- You can track your walking statistics online; and
- You become part of a community of like-minded Warrior Walkers.
HEALTH – As a form of aerobic exercise, Warrior Walking will improve your health. The best part about Warrior Walking is that it can be done at any pace that is comfortable for you.
Warrior Walking has helped me lose 100 pounds since February 2009 and it has lowered my blood pressure more than 30 points since that time. I feel better than I’ve ever felt in my entire adult life. Warrior Walking can help you too.
If you like to walk fast, you can walk fast. If you like to walk slowly, you can walk slowly. If you like to walk for long periods of time, you can do so. If you like to walk for short periods of time, you can do that too.
A Warrior Walker does what works for them. A Warrior Walker does what makes them happy and what makes them feel good.
I’m often asked why I don’t walk faster and for shorter periods of time (I walk 2.5 miles per hour for 4 to 5 hours daily). My answer is that walking long periods of time at a moderate speed is what works for me. It’s what makes me feel good. My goal is not to do what works for someone else. My goal is to do what works for me.
Like all exercise programs, you should consult your doctor before starting to make sure you are in good enough shape to participate.
PEACE OF MIND – Walking for long periods of time at a moderate pace does a better job of relaxing my mind than perhaps any other activity I’ve ever tried.
- While walking:
- I listen to audiobooks;
- I make phone calls;
- I send and receive emails;
- I listen to music;
- I listen to nature;
- I meditate.
All of these are relaxing in their own way.
TRACK YOUR STATISTICS – By registering at iWarriorWalk.com, you can track your statistics (distance, time, etc.) online. Your individual statistics are accumulated along with those of all other Warrior Walkers to produce cumulative results.
BECOMING PART OF A COMMUNITY – Through iWarriorWalk.com, my goal is to build a community of thousands and thousands of WarriorWalkers throughout the world. It will take some time to build up that community, but as it grows, it will bring about tremendous changes throughout our world.
- We will have forums.
- We will have walking meditation classes.
- We will have communities.
- We will make the world a better place.
Join now. It’s free. You have nothing to lose (except any excess weight you may have) and everything to gain.